Summer's overstayed its welcome. It's like that old friend who comes to visit and never leaves. At first everything was great but now it's just leaving dirty towels on the floor and dishes in the sink and stayed weeks longer than planned and you just want to be like, listen, get the fuck out already.
I guess I like the seasons. This feels like we're standing still, stuck in a sweaty holding zone. I don't want to be hot anymore, is all. I want to breathe in some crisp Autumn air. I want my sheets to feel cold when I get in them and I want to burrow under my covers in the night to escape the chill. Autumn should tap out Summer. Autumn should cut in and finish this dance with me.
Tomorrow I'm getting my hair cut and dyed. I chopped off most of my hair in April. That satisfied me for a little while. Now I'm restless again. So I'm dying it. Dark. So much restlessness. I just want to look in the mirror and see someone else.
That is all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment