
How did this happen? I'll tell you. On Sunday, mere hours after returning from our European adventure we headed over to our favorite neighborhood beer garden. We wore our authentic, Bavarian dirndl, obvs. We sung. We danced. We drank. A lot. Along with the rest of our posse, we were a big hit. A photographer from the Post snapped our picture and took our names. Hammered as we were, this really didn't phase us and we doubted we'd ever see the photo. Hahaha. Wrong. Now it's giant, GIANT. The entire page 23. Seriously, ridic.
How did I discover the photo? Well I was riding the 6 train downtown from the UES and the dude standing next to me happened to be reading the Post. I was listening to my ipod and minding my business when out of the corner of my eye, what do I see? ME! I was all, wtf?! My totes weirdo instincts kicked in and my immediate reaction was to look away and hide. What, was I afraid he'd recognize me or something? And so what if he did? But then I regrouped, tapped him and was like ohh, uhh, can you flip back a page for a sec? That's me. And he was all, oh really? Where are you? And then I explained, asked him for that page and he obliged.
For the rest of the ride I giggled to myself like a retard. I was bursting with excitement to emerge from underground and return to the land of cell service so I could like, you know, call someone! And by someone, I mean, like everyone I know. JK. Sorta. Not really.
4 comments:
Oh yeah: 15 minutes of fame!
It's too bad you were using both hands on the Stein. You could have looked all professional like Karin! Hmm, well then again, perhaps the brew is just too precious to risk it?
Funny you mentioned the two hands on the stein. I noticed it too and was all, goddamnit, I wish I hadn't been holding the stein like a total pussy for the picture. That along with like 8 other things I critiqued myself on.
Yea, 15 minutes. They're probably already up as we are off the front page of the website and yesterday's papers are now lining today's streets and trashbins.
Ha, that's hilarious, particularly the caption. One day I'd like to be labelled as the cream of a crop. Which crop I do not know, but I'm not fussy.
I'm impressed that you could be bothered hitting the town so soon after your holiday, that's some dedication. Those photos from your trip are awesome, looks like you had fun.
Crystal- yea I crack up every time I look at the clipping that's hanging on our refrigerator. The sheer size of it is awesome/horrifying/absurd.
Don't be too impressed. I think we were just delirious and still high off the trip. The beer and adrenaline in my veins propelled me just long enough to party it up Sunday afternoon. I passed out HARD at 8pm that night, only to awaken at midnight with a headache so bad I thought I was having a brain aneurism. Seriously. It all caught up, eventually.
Post a Comment