You can't win a game in which there are no rules, no way to keep score.
You can't solve an equation when normal rules of logic don't apply.
You can't complete a puzzle even when you're missing just one piece.
You can't save someone that doesn't want to be saved.
Maybe you can't even save someone that does.
You can't fix problems by pretending they don't exist.
You can't believe in anything when everything can change in an instant.
You can pretend, I suppose, if that's what you want, like this never existed.
*Poof.* Gone.
You can be so cruel and cutting.
But I won't.
Maybe I dreamt this all on a god-awfully humid July night.
Maybe it was just a flicker in time.
A space between dendrites.
I've never known what to believe when it comes to you and I surely don't know now.
But I know moments of truth when I feel them.
I know at least that much.
And there have been moments of truth!
Does it matter what happens now?
Does it invalidate their existence? No. It doesn't.
So much for honesty, I guess.
What the fuck is it worth anyway?
Maybe nothing,
Maybe something.
I don't know anymore.
I have no regrets though. I know that much.
I won't pretend to be unwounded by the fact that you do.
There were mistakes, sure.
But I'll own mine.
I'm not sorry.
At least we were living.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment