Hello, blog. I've been neglecting you, I know. Did you miss me? I'm sorry. It's not that I haven't been thinking about you--I have. I've just been focused elsewhere, you know? What's special about us is that no matter how long we go without communicating, there's never a need to make up for lost time. We can just pick up and go whenever, wherever. The truth is I've been spending a lot of time with my guitar. Now don't get upset. I still love you.
I wish it would snow. I got awesome new snow boots from LLBean for Christmas and I haven't even been able to wear them. Actually, I wore them once when we were supposed to get snow but didn't. I thought there might end up being a "wintry mix" (wtf, love that term) but there was no mix at all. Hardly any precipitation in fact and I ended up being just this girl weirdly wearing snow boots--for no reason --and a skirt around the city for a day. On the bright side they were comfy, warm and generally delightful.
Snow. It does something to the city, changes it, in a way that only it can. Everything becomes slower, quieter, softer. Muffled, muted, rounded. Cold through your veins, in your mouth, on your cheeks. Frozen fingertips and feet, lazy and numb. Fumble along, crunch, crunch. The white silence is deafening and screaming in your ears. Stare up into the flurried sky and scream back at it.
I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world.
YAWP.
There is so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I enjoyed your little convo with your blog. Re: time, and not needing to make up for the lost - I think you're on to something there.
I hope it snows for you. I also hope it snows for me in March, although I don't like my chances, it not being winter and all. Not that I'd have the appropriate attire if it did... it doesn't snow in Sydney. Hm. Anyway. Hope you're rocking out with that guitar.
Perhaps those boots would have been a better footwear choice last night ;-)
Post a Comment